Despite a downturn in the economy, we continue to recognize those moving in the social media space. I’ve started this post series (see archives) to both track and congratulate folks who get promoted, move, or accept new exciting positions. Please help me congratulate the following folks:
- Kevin Marks, famed Google employee has now joined Ribbit as VP of Web Services. Kevin was the former CTO of Technorati, has championed the open web, and can also be found on Twitter at @kevinmarks.
- Ben Kiker joins Jive as the new CMO. I was able to meet Ben yesterday, his strong enterprise background is consistent with the direction Jive continues to head, you can also find him on Twitter @benkiker.
- Congrats to Ken Burbary of Ernst and Young, who is leading some of the social charge by heading up the Web Strategy & Social Media practice within Ernst & Young Advisory services, he’s @kenburbary on Twitter.
- Long time reader Lucretia Pruitt is now Director of Social Media for Collective Bias — a company that grew out of MARS Advertising, we’re all very excited for her. Find her on Twitter at @geekmommy
- Deep Varma as VP of Engineering of the Zuberance team, hailing from Yahoo
- Rachel Polish has joined Ogilvy Public Relations as the VP of Digital Strategy, based in San Francisco, read her first blog post, and she’s on Twitter as @rachelpolish
- Dialog Social Media Markeing has announced Marta R. Leseiko, a marketing professional and former marketing entreprenuer, as partner, find her on LinkedIn.
- Juan Lulli has joined pfs marketwyse as vice president of client relations, you can find him on Twitter as @juanlulli
How to connect with others (or get a job):
Several people have been hired because of this blog post series, here’s how you can too:
Submit an announcement
If you know folks that are moving up in the social media industry, leave a comment below, or if you’re feeling shy (it’s cool to self-nominate) send me an email. Please include a link to your announcement, and ensure you’re really living and breathing in the social media world –this is not a small aspect of your role.
Seeking Social Media Professionals?
If you’re seeking to connect with community advocates and community managers there are few resources
List of Enterprise Social Media Professionals
This list, which started with just 8 names continues to grow as folks submit to it. List of Social Computing Strategists and Community Managers for Enterprise Corporations 2008 –Social Media Professionals. Other job resources include:
Web Strategy Jobs powered by Job o Matic (Post a job there and be seen by these blog readers, these affiliate fees pay for my hosting) Read Write Web keeps announcements flowing at Jobwire, although is broader than just social media jobs Facebook group for community manager group in Facebook Jake McKee’s community portal for jobs Chris Heuer’s Social Media Jobs SimplyHired aggregates job listings, as does Indeed ForumOne Jobs for Social Media and Community Teresa has a few jobs, some around community New Media hire has an extensive job database Social Media Headhunter Social media jobs Jobs in social media Altimeter Group’s list of social media consultants and agencies
Hiring? Leave a comment
If you’re seeking candidates in the social media industry, many of them are within arms reach, feel free to leave a link to a job description (but not the whole job description, please)